Sunday 24 February 2013

Astrophotography.

Shortly after getting my Celestron FirstScope I decided to pop out with the digital camera and try and take a few photos. These are the results.

The following were taken using a Nikon D200 and a 500mm lens on a tripod with a long exposure.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out considering I had no idea what I was doing.

Full Moon.

Pleiades (around the middle of the photo, just above the trees)
and Jupiter (The big bright one at the top).

Close up of Pleiades.

An attempt to photograph the Milky Way.
You can kinda see it but there was a full moon
 and lots of light pollution.
The Southern Cross and Centaurus constellations
can be seen in this photo.

The Southern Cross and the "Pointer Stars".

Close up of the Southern Cross (Crux)

Part of the Orion Constellation.
The Belt, the Sword and the Feet (Saiph and Rigel).
You can JUST see the Nebula in this photo.

Close up of the Orion Nebula.

No comments:

Post a Comment