Saturday 9 March 2013

Stardome.

I wen't up to Stardome on Thursday to volunteer as a telescope operator.
I figured it would be a good way to meet some new people who were into astronomy and learn a few things as well as get to look through some other telescopes and compare the quality.

Was a pretty good night. There were 3 telescopes set up. 2 meade (a 10" and an 8" I think) and a tracking Celestron.

All I had to do was point the telescopes at an object and let people take a look.
There was really only Jupiter and the Orion Nebula to look at so it was all pretty simple.


As a bonus the ISS (international space station) just happened to be flying by that night and I managed to see it in the sky.
A couple of people tried to track it by hand in the telescopes and one person even managed to get a glimpse of it.

Pretty sure I'll be heading up there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment