Saturday 2 March 2013

Saturn

Last night the sky was pretty clear so I decided to pop out and give my new Galileoscope a real test.

Saturn.

It took me a while to find where I was meant to be looking. Once I figured it out, aiming the telescope was a right pain in the ass with the tripod I am using but once everything was set up I was amazed by the views. Sharp and bright.

I tried to use my web cam to capture an image but I had no luck. Not sure why. Maybe it wasn't bright enough for the camera to pick up or maybe the aim was off and I just couldn't find it while the camera was attached.
What ever the reason, I'm going to have another go at capturing an image next time I am out.

The type of view I was getting from my Galileoscope.
Not my image.
I also took out the Celestron Firstscope out for comparison.
Finding Saturn was pretty simple but once again the ghosting (or blur) caused problems.
I could make out the rings but the image I was getting just want very good. Kind of disappointing after the views I was getting from the Galileoscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment